Honey Dijon Glaze
This dish sings my song year-round. Something about the sweet heat of a homemade Dijon honey mustard over a healthy fatty fish fuels my appetite. Fire up your grill with us today and please enjoy!
Stabilize your grill at 400˚F and set up for a semi-indirect grill using one half-moon deflector shield. Install a cast iron griddle and place it rivetted side up. Allow the accessory to come to temperature.
Mix all the Honey Dijon Glaze ingredients together and set aside
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Kozlik's Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Bruce Mitchell Swamp Honey
- 2 teaspoons Champagne Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano, chopped fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon Thyme, chopped fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon Parsley, chopped fresh
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
Season your salmon fillet with sweet lemon pepper then lightly oil your fillet and the cast iron. Do a drag test to ensure the fillet will not stick then lay the salmon down presentation side first. Grill with the dome down for 1 ½ minutes on the cast iron over the heat then carefully flip to the indirect side of the grill. Top the grill marks with the Honey Dijon Glaze then close the lid and cook for a few minutes until the salmon reaches an internal temp of 125 – 130˚F.
- 8 ounces Kvaroy Arctic Salmon fillet
- 2 teaspoons Lanes BBQ Sweet Lemon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
While the fish is finishing, place asparagus on the cast iron griddle and top with some of the Honey Dijon glaze then season with scorpion rub or your favorite seasoning.
- 1/2 Bunch Asparagus, pencil thick
- 2 teaspoons Lanes BBQ Scorpion Rub
Transfer the cooked asparagus and salmon to the presentation plate and enjoy!