This Privacy Notice and Policy explains how Premier Specialty Brands, LLC d/b/a Kamado Joe and its international affiliates (“Kamado Joe”) collect, use, and maintain certain information collected from you, a user of the www.kamadojoe.com website ("Site"), the iKamand app ("App"), or other electronic forms of communication. Kamado Joe is committed to respecting your privacy and has created this Policy to inform you of how we use and protect information collected from you.
YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE OR APP SIGNIFY YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT USE OUR SITE OR APP. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE AND/OR APP AFTER CHANGES TO THIS POLICY ARE POSTED WILL BE DEEMED AN ACCEPTANCE OF THOSE CHANGES.
Kamado Joe Site
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit our Site, register on the Site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. We collect the following types of information:
|Personal Identifying Information||name, email address, mailing address, billing address, phone number, and credit or debit card information|
|Non-personal Information||IP address, browser name or type, computer type, technical information about your connection to the site, Internet service providers used|
Kamado Joe App and Associated Digital Products
The Kamado Joe App offers additional performance capabilities and functions, including allowing you to control certain features/accessories of your Kamado Joe grills or smokers from a mobile phone or other supported device. If you choose to connect your Kamado Joe grill or smoker, Kamado Joe and its service providers collect the following categories of information:
|Personal Information||name, email address, phone number, credit card information|
|Device Information||device ID, call information, contacts, photos and media files, USB storage data, Bluetooth settings|
|Technical and Usage Information||product interaction data, crash data, performance data, Wi-Fi connection information, network connections|
|Geolocation Information||GPS and network-based location data|
How we use collected information
Under data protection laws, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so (e.g., to comply with laws, to perform contractual obligations, if you have given consent, or where we have a legitimate interest). A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information that does not override your own rights and interests. Kamado Joe collects and uses your personal information for the following legitimate business and commercial purposes:
- To improve customer service: information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site and App: We may use feedback you provide or information collected to improve our products and services.
- To process payments: We may use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature.
- To send information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send your information and updates pertaining to their order or respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Certain personal information is required to provide services to you. If you do not provide personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing those services to you.
We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about our products, including exclusive offers, promotions or new products.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes. This means we do not usually need your consent to send you promotional communications. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never sell or share it with other organizations outside of Kamado Joe for marketing purposes.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
- Contacting us
- Using the "unsubscribe" link in emails or "STOP" number in texts; or
- Updating your marketing preferences on our App
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you instruct us to provide further products or services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
How we protect your information
We adopt commercially reasonable data collection, storage and proWe adopt commercially reasonable data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site and/or App.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. We do not store your personal information on our servers. We also do not retain credit or debit card data.
The App stores encrypted login credentials and first and last name of the user on our servers indefinitely.
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personal identification information; however, it may prevent you from engaging in certain Site and/or App related activities.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We use third party service providers to help us operate our business, the Site, and the App, or administer activities on our behalf. We may share your information with these third parties for limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
You may find advertising or other content on our Site and/or App that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site and/or App. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Third-party Data Collection
Third-party companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visit to this Site to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you.
To learn more about Interest-Based Advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising by those third parties that are members of self-regulatory programs such as the Network Advertising Initiative, please visit the NAI's website (https://www.networkadvertising.org/) which will allow you to opt out of Interest-Based Advertising by one, or all, NAI members.
Rights Specific to Residents of Europe
Every user in Europe is entitled to the following data protection rights:
- The right to access: You have the right to request Kamado Joe for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that Kamado Joe correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Kamado Joe to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that Kamado Joe erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that Kamado Joe restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to Kamado Joe's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that Kamado Joe transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
To deliver services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your personal information outside Europe, e.g.: with our offices outside of Europe, without your and our service providers located outside of Europe, if you are based outside Europe, or where there is an international dimension to the services we are providing to you.
Rights Specific to Residents of California
California users have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to exercise free of charge:
- Disclosure of Personal Information we Collect About You: you have the right to know the categories, sources, purposes, third parties, and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about your or to whom your information has been shared.
- Delete or direct our service providers to delete your personal information, subject to certain business and legal exceptions
- Use your personal information to discriminate against you in, among other things, providing goods to you, pricing goods, or quality of goods.
- Do not sell my personal information
Do You Need Extra Help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us.
Premier Specialty Brands, LLC
1 Masterbuilt Court, Columbus, GA 31907
Have a question? Need a helping hand? We've got you covered.
Need a replacement part for your Kamado Joe® Grill?
View the warranty details of your Kamado Joe® Grill.
Need a product manual? They're here when you need them.
Protect your investment. Register your Kamado Joe® product.
We're always around if you need. Submit a request, and we'll get you back up and running.