IKAMAND APP AND DEVICE
- Current Version: 5.7.0
- Release Date: April 19, 2022
- iOS 10.0 or higher, compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- There is currently no Apple Watch app for the iKamand
- Current Version: 5.7.0
- Release Date: April 18, 2022
- Android 5.1 or higher
iKamand Device Firmware
- Current Version: 1.0.54
- Release Date: July, 2019
Pellet Joe Firmware
- Current Version: 1.11
- Release Date: January, 2021
- Only compatible with Kamado Joe Classic and Big Joe
- Compatible with 2.4GHz WiFi Networks
- Not compatible with 5GHz WiFi Networks
- Mount the iKamand adaptor onto your charcoal grill. Video instructions
- Power on your unit
- Download the iKamand app
- Create an account and sync your device
- Start Cooking
- Kamado Joe Classic Vent Adaptor or Kamado Joe Big Joe Vent Adaptor
- 1 Pit Probe
- 1 Food Probe
- 12V DC Power Adaptor
- 1 iKamand Controller
- 1 Plastic Cap for your Vent Adaptor
- Do not expose to severe rain and/or storm
- Do not expose to corrosive materials
- Do not throw into the pool or fire
- When ending a high temperature cook, unmount your iKamand and store it in its case
How to check the version on your app and iKamand
- iKamand App: Press the Kamado icon in the top right of the home screen to navigate to Devices and scroll down to see the version your app is on.
- iKamand Device: Navigate to Devices page to see the version your iKamand is on.
Does the iKamand work using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi?
Can I use the iKamand without Wi-Fi?
- Your iKamand must be connected to the internet in order to function properly. You can use your Wi-Fi router or your phone's or tablet's personal hotspot. To use your personal hotspot input the credentials in the connect process then and only then go to settings and turn on your personal hotspot.
- If you're in an area with no Wi-Fi network, you can still use your iKamand if you connect it to your personal hotspot.
- If you're in an area with poor internet or cell connection, you may need an additional router or Wi-Fi extender to use your iKamand.
- If you don't have internet access at all, be it through personal hotspot or a Wi-Fi network, there's a manual button which you can use to start the iKamand fan for 10 minutes
What temperature range can the iKamand control?
Can I register one iKamand on two phones/devices?
How do I restart or reset the iKamand?
- To restart the iKamand: unplug the iKamand, leave unplugged for 5 seconds then plug it back in.
- To reset or change the iKamand Wi-Fi settings, navigate to Devices (Kamado icon in the top right) → Swipe left and press Change WiFi.
My grill temp is different from my dome temp. Why?
The temperature reading at the grill plate may be different from the dome temp because they are in different locations and the grill plate is closer to the fire or above a deflector.
- Keep your probe on the grill plate at least 2-3 inches away from your food. This temperature is the temperature your food is cooking at and is most accurate.
- Over the course of your cook, your grill temp and dome temp should equalize. This may take a few hours. You may need to shut your top vent very slightly to encourage the iKamand fan to run and circulate air in your pit.
- If you're using deflectors to cook, make sure the probe is above a deflector and is not above direct heat.
- If you still want your grill and dome temp to agree, hang the iKamand pit probe through the top vent around the same location as the dome thermometer.
Is my iKamand waterproof?
- The iKamand has a waterproof coating on the major electronic parts to prevent weather damage or moisture damage. It is waterproof but will not withstand submerging in water or extreme weather conditions. We also recommend storing it in its waterproof case when not in use.
- The waterproof coating prevents water damage in the power and probe ports. If your rubber port coverings are loose, your iKamand should still be able to withstand light water exposure.
- You may see condensation or liquid/water droplets on your iKamand after a "Low and Slow" cook. Wipe your iKamand down and leave to dry before using again.
iKamand Device Updates
Do I need to be near my iKamand during the update?
What if my phone turns off during an update? What if I sign out during the update?
An update is available but my iKamand is being used to cook in BBQ or Grill Mode. Will the update start?
How do I know if the update worked?
My iKamand update was unsuccessful. What should I do?
How to Update Your iKamand
- Check for the latest update by opening the iKamand app and navigating to Devices (Kamado icon in the top right of Cook tab) page.
- If there's an update available, you will see an Updatebutton on the Devices page.
- Make sure your iKamand is on and connected to the internet. Press the Update button to start the update.
- If you are using the iKamand in Grill or BBQ, your iKamand won't start updating until the update has finished.
- If your iKamand doesn't start updating you will see a message in the app saying "The update was initiated, please wait for it to start.", and then an alert saying the update did not begin. Try updating again by pressing the update button.
- Do not turn off the iKamand during the update. If you turn off the iKamand, the update will stop.
- If your iKamand is turned on, it will continue with the update.
- Your update should take around 5 minutes, but could take up to 20 minutes depending on your iKamand's internet connection. Your iKamand LED will flash teal and then will turn off for a few minutes during the update.
- When your update is successful, you will receive an alert in the app and a notification if you have notifications enabled.
My LED turned off during the update
- Your LED may turn off for up to 5 minutes during the update process. If the LED does not turn back on, unplug and plug the iKamand back in then wait for 5 minutes.
- Leave the iKamand plugged in and connected to power. If after 10 minutes, the LED does not turn on, turn the iKamand off and on again.
- If your iKamand doesn’t come online and the LED doesn’t turn back on, contact customer service.
Can I control multiple iKamands from my account?
My iKamand app isn't updating. What should I do?
Your iKamand app should update automatically if your phone has internet connection. Navigate to Devices (Kamado icon in the top right of Cook tab) and scroll down to see your app version. If the app version isn't the latest available:
- Close and reopen the app a few times to see if the latest app was installed.
- Go to your app store and install the latest version of the app if one is available.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the iKamand app and login to your account again.
How do I update the app?
Have a question? Need a helping hand? We've got you covered.
Need a replacement part for your Kamado Joe Grill?
View the warranty details of your Kamado Joe® Grill.
Need a product manual? They're here when you need them.
Protect your investment. Register your Kamado Joe® product.
We're always around if you need. Submit a request, and we'll get you back up and running.