Start by making the Honey Sriracha Buffalo Sauce. In a small sauce pot, combine all ingredients and bring to a simmer. Cool the sauce immediately.
- 2 tablespoons Honey (raw)
- 1 cup Sriracha
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce (or Tamari)
- 3 dashes Fish Sauce
- 4 ounces Butter (unsalted)
Now we need to remove the collar from the Salmon. Start your cut from the belly, tail side of the pictorial fin leaving the pectoral fin (your wing) as part of the intact collar. Proceed toward the gill plate then navigating your way at an angle to the top of head separating the cut from fish. Flip the Salmon over and repeat the process.
Place the collars on your cutting board and trim the bone that remains on the gill plate.
Marinate the collars for 30 minutes in the buffalo sauce.
Stabilize your KJ at 400 to 450°F.
While the grill is coming to temperature, make the slaw sauce by mixing together the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
Mix the dressing in with the slaw ingredients and set the slaw aside once tossed.
- 3 ribs Celery (cut into batonettes)
- 1 Carrot (cut into ribbons using a peeler)
- 1/2 Red Onion (sliced thin)
- 1/4 bunch Parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Walnuts
Once the grill has come to temp, remove the fish wings from the buffalo marinade and place them skin side down on the grill grate.
Grill for 2 minutes and using a spatula and tongs to support, delicately flip the wing and grill for another 2 minutes. Occasionally baste with the buffalo sauce, making the wing sweet and sticky.
Transfer the Salmon Wings to your presentation dish. Garnish with a few sliced lemons and Blue Cheese Celery Slaw.