Slow thaw the wings in the refrigerator for 24 hours (if frozen).
Season each side with a homemade BBQ Rub with the following ingredients:
- 1 cup Kosher Salt
- 1/3 cup Coarse Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Dried Onions
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
Place the wings in a large zip top bag and pour the pickle juice over the wings.
Close the bag, squeezing as much air out as possible. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Prepare your Kamado Joe for indirect and direct cooking using the Divide & Conquer system. Heat deflectors or SloRoller works well for this. Get the temperature to 300⁰F. Use cherry wood for smoke flavor.
Drain the wings and arrange on a cooking rack.
Prepare your Alabama White Sauce ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Horseradish (prepared)
- 1 tablespoon Brown Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Place the wings on the smoker and cook until internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165⁰F turning once half way through. For extra crisp, lightly brush the wings with the Alabama White Sauce and grill directly over the fire for 30 seconds per side. Total cook time should be about 45 minutes to 1 hour.