User the JoeTisserie Basket to make delicious lemon garlic wings.
In a large bowl, mix the chicken and marinade ingredients and set in the refrigerator at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- 5 pounds Chicken Wing Sections (Drums + Flats)
- 5-6 glugs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (not too much or it will drip and burn on the grill)
- Zest of 1 Lemon (do not add lemon juice to the marinade)
- 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Fresh ground pepper
Day of cook, set up Kamado Joe JoeTisserie with coals banked up to the back of the grill to 350°F. Add wood blocks of your choice for optional smoke.
Pour marinated chicken wings into the JoeTisserie basket. Can also spray with oil to prevent wings from sticking.
Add spit to the JoeTisserie and start your spin.
While wings are spinning, combine sauce ingredients in small pan and melt together on low. Can also skim milk solids off the top of melted butter.
- 1 stick Butter, melted
- 5 cloves Garlic, chopped
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 Shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Chicken should be done around one hour, so start checking at 45-minute mark. Look for crispy skin as the sign they are done. May take up to 75 minutes.
Transfer chicken wings to a large bowl and pour sauce all over, being sure to mix so all wings get coated.
Can top with fresh grated parmesan cheese.