Stabilize your grill or smoker to 350°F and set up for indirect smoking. Place the wood chunk in the hottest portion of the coal pile. Wait until you see combustion, then place your salmon fillet on the grill grate and smoke for 15 minutes, or until you reach a flakey texture around an internaltemp of 130°F. Remove from the grill and reserve for folding into the mixture last.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the crudites and salmon. Mix well until fully incorporated. Next, gently crumble medium sized chunks of the smoked salmon into the mixture. Fold in lightly as to not break up the fish too much.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 10 ounces Fresh Spinach (cooked, squeezed dry, chopped)
- 1 (14 ounce) Can Artichoke Hearts (drained and chopped)
- 12 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise (Duke's)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
Transfer to a presentation bowl or small cast iron skillet and either surround with crudites or top the dip with a bit more shredded parmesan cheese and place back in a 450°F grill or oven for 5 to 10 minutes to gratin a bit and then garnish with the crudites. Enjoy!
- 5 Mini Sweet Peppers (split)
- 4 Radishes (quartered)
- 3 Celery Stalks
- 1 English Cucumber
- 2 Carrots (peeled and trimmed)