Stabilize your grill from 350 - 400F and insert a cast iron griddle or soap stone and top with a cast-iron pan.
Shape the mixture into 1 ½ - 2 oz balls and refrigerate for 30 minutes or so.
Combine all and whisk together. Reserve for later use.
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Molasses
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 9 ounces Apricot Preserve
- 2 tablespoons Lipton Onion Soup and Dip Mix
- 10 ounce Chili Sauce, Heinze
Place a clean cast iron pan on the grill surface and allow it to come to temperature. Oil the pan and bring it to smoking point. Sear the meatballs evenly on all sides then pour the BBQ sauce over top of the meatballs. Use enough sauce to reach ¼” below the top of the meatballs. Close the dome and cook the meatballs until they reach an internal temp of 155F. Gently turn a few times throughout the cook, be sure not to break the meatballs. Remove from the grill and serve from the skillet.
- 2 1/2 cups Hudson BBQ Sauce
In a large bowl, combine the ground meats with eggs, parmesan, parsley, and crushed crackers. Mix thoroughly but gently, then fold in the cooled onion mixture and season with the second amount of salt. Mix then add water and mix thoroughly and gently one last time. (Mixture should look wet)
- 12 ounce E3 Meats, Ground Beef
- 12 ounce Ground Pork
- 2 Each Eggs, Whipped
- 1 cup Ritz Crackers, Crushed
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt (for ground meat mixture)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 1/4 cup Parsley, Chopped
Once the grill and accessory come to temperature, oil the sear surface, and add the diced onions, sweat the diced onions for a few minutes, agitating them and not giving them too much color. Next add the garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook together for another 2 minutes. Remove from the grill and transfer to a cool place.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Each Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt (to season the onions)