1 pkg. Andouille Sausage
3 strips Bacon (bacon pieces optional)
1/2 cup Onion (chopped)
1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
16 oz Cream Cheese
1 1/2 cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Sour Cream
2 tbsp Butter
2 cups Fresh Spinach Leaves (chopped)
1. Heat grill to 350F.
2. Insert the heat deflector with the plate in the bottom position and place sausage on grill. Cook for 20 minutes.
Optional: Add 1-3 wood chunks of apple or peach before inserting heat deflector.
3. Add butter, onion, red pepper, and garlic in a skillet over medium heat and stir often until the onions are translucent and slightly browned.
4. In a separate skillet, cook bacon until crisp, then chop into small pieces.
5. Mix the remaining ingredients and skillet mixture in a large bowl. Cut half of the sausage into bite size pieces and add to mixture. Cut the remaining sausage and serve with toothpicks. Spread the mixture into a ceramic or metal baking dish.
6. Bake in grill for 30 minutes or until it bubbles.
Serve hot with crackers or tortilla chips.