Smokey Buffalo Wings with Bleu Cheese Dip
Traditional wings with a hint of smoky flavor.
|Prep Time||45 minutes|
|Grill Used||Kamado Joe|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
See the Man Cave Meals video of this recipe.
2 lbs chicken wing pieces (flats and drumettes)
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 Tsp salt
2 1/2 Tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
2 Tbsp butter (melted)
4 stalks celery
1 cup bleu cheese (crumbled)
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp onion (grated)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
3/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the grill to 300°F (149°C).
2. Mix the flour and salt in a large plastic bag. Rinse the chicken, dip in milk, place in the bag and toss to coat the wings.
3. Spread the chicken on a baking sheet and lightly spray with vegetable oil to prevent sticking on the cooking grate of the grill.
4. Optional-Add 2-3 wood chunks on top of the hot charcoal (apple, cherry, peach or pecan).
5. Insert the heat deflector with the plate in the bottom position, insert the cooking grate and place the chicken pieces on grill.
5. Roast the chicken for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until tender, turning once halfway through the cooking time. For crispy wings, remove the heat deflector and grill directly an additional 5-10 minutes. Check every few minutes to prevent charring the pieces.
6. Mix the hot sauce and melted butter in a large bowl, then place the chicken pieces in the bowl and toss to coat.
7. Cut celery into 4” pieces.
Serve immediately or preheat the oven set to “warm”, wrap the wings in aluminum foil and keep warm until serving.
1. Combine the sour cream and bleu cheese in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Add the mayonnaise, grated onion, parsley, and lemon juice. Stir well.
3. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.