Smoked Buffalo Hot Wings with Bleu Cheese Dip
Traditional wings with bleu cheese dip.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Grill Used||Kamado Joe|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
2 lbs Chicken Wingettes and Drumettes
2 tbsp All-purpose Flour
1 tsp Salt
2 1/2 tbsp Red Hot Sauce (Frank’s Red Hot Sauce is best)
2 tbsp Butter (melted)
3 stalks Celery
1 cup Bleu Cheese (crumbled)
3/4 cup Mayonnaise
2 tbsp Onion (grated)
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
1/4 cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
3/4 cup Sour Cream
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Preheat the grill to 300°F.
2. Mix the flour and salt in a bowl. Rinse the chicken and toss to coat.
3. Spread the chicken on the baking sheet and lightly spray with vegetable oil to prevent sticking on the cooking grate.
4. Insert the heat deflector with the plate in the bottom position and place the chicken pieces on grill.
5. Roast for 30-45 minutes or until tender, turning once or twice. For crispy wings, remove the heat deflector and grill directly the last 5-10 minutes.
Optional: Add 1-3 wood chunks of apple or peach before inserting heat deflector.
6. Mix the hot sauce and melted butter in a large bowl, then place the chicken pieces in the bowl and toss to coat.
7. Cut celery into 4” pieces.