Cheese Bacon Sausage Dip
A spicy hot appetizer
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Grill Used||Kamado Joe|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Meat||Other, Andouille sausage|
1 pkg. Andouille Sausage
3 strips Bacon (bacon pieces optional)
1/2 cup Onion (chopped)
1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
16 oz Cream Cheese
1 1/2 cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Sour Cream
2 tbsp Butter
2 cups Fresh Spinach Leaves (chopped)
1. Heat grill to 350°F.
2. Insert the heat deflector with the plate in the bottom position and place sausage on grill. Cook for 20 minutes.
Optional: Add 1-3 wood chunks of apple or peach before inserting heat deflector.
3. Add butter, onion, red pepper, and garlic in a skillet over medium heat and stir often until the onions are translucent and slightly browned.
4. In a separate skillet, cook bacon until crisp, then chop into small pieces.
5. Mix the remaining ingredients and skillet mixture in a large bowl. Cut half of the sausage into bite size pieces and add to mixture. Cut the remaining sausage and serve with toothpicks. Spread the mixture into a ceramic or metal baking dish.
6. Bake in grill for 30 minutes or until it bubbles.
Serve hot with crackers or tortilla chips.