Smoky Mountain Brunswick Stew
A sweet, spicy and smoky stew sure to warm you up.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Category||Soup & Chili|
|Grill Used||Kamado Joe|
|Cook Time||3 hours, 30 minutes|
|Meat||Poultry, Andouille sausage|
* Requires 7qt. Dutch oven and chicken stand.
1 whole chicken
1 andouille sausage
2 medium onions (chopped)
1 bell pepper (any color)
4 cups chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1 barbecue sauce (18 oz bottle)
1 package kernel corn (16 oz)
1 package butter beans (16 oz)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
2 bottles beer
1. Heat grill to 275°F. Insert the heat deflector with the plate in the bottom position.
2. Add one beer to chicken stand and roast chicken for 2.5 hours.
3. While roasting chicken, place the remaining ingredients in a 7 quart Dutch oven, except for the andouille sausage and remaining beer.
4. Simmer ingredients while the chicken is roasting.
5. Place the andouille sausage on the grill 30 minutes before the chicken is done.
6. Remove the chicken and andouille sausage from the grill. Shred the chicken and cut the sausage in bite-size pieces. Add to Dutch oven.
7. Place the Dutch oven uncovered on the grill, mix in the final beer and bake at 250°F for one hour. Serve with cornbread.