A classic pizza that my kids love and friends always ask me to make when they visit!
|Prep Time||1 hour|
|Grill Used||Kamado Joe|
|Cook Time||12 minutes|
• pizza doe (recepie bellow)
• 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
• 2 teaspoons dried basil
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
• 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
• 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
• 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
• 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
Pizza Dough Ingredients
• 1.5 teaspoon (tsp) active dry yeast
• 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
• 2 1/4 cups pizza flour
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons white sugar
• Place the doe on a pizza stone. In a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, basil, garlic powder and onion powder; spread over crust. Set aside 1/4 cup bacon. Sprinkle cheeses and remaining bacon over crust.
• Bake at 425° in the kj on pizza stone for 8-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and reserved bacon. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Pizza Dough Instructions
1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm (110 degrees F) water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups bread flour, olive oil, salt, white sugar and the yeast mixture; stir well to combine. Beat well until a stiff dough has formed. Cover and rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
3. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Form dough into a round and roll out into a pizza crust shape. Cover with your favourite sauce and toppings