Bleu Cheese Filet Mignon with Tequila Scallops
A new take on "surf and turf".
|Prep Time||3 hours|
|Grill Used||Kamado Joe|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 4 filet mignons (or your favorite steak cut)
- 2 lbs sea scallops
- 6 oz bleu cheese
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 3 limes (juice)
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp cilantro (finely minced)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
-4 oz tequila
Instructions (Bleu Cheese Butter)
In a mixing bowl, add softened butter, bleu cheese and peppers. Stir until thoroughly blended. Lay the mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll it into a 2" diameter log. Refrigerate 2 hours so the mixture becomes firm.
Instructions (Tequila Marinade)
Mix the lime juice, honey, Dijon mustard and cilantro in a bowl or plastic bag and add the scallops. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
1. Heat the grill to 550°F (or your favorite searing temperature).
2. For a 1" steak cooked to medium, place the steaks on the grill and flip after 3 minutes. Quarter the bleu cheese butter log and place one on each steak.
3. Pat dry the scallops and baste with olive oil or cooking oil. Place the scallop on the grill when the steaks are flipped and grill the steaks and scallops for 3 minutes. Close off the top vent for 2-3 minutes. Remember to open the top vent and "burp" the lid before removing the steaks.
Allow the steaks to rest 2 minutes and serve with the scallops along any other side dishes.