Irish Soda Bread
The perfect compliment to Irish stew.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Grill Used||Kamado Joe|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
4 cups flour
4 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, butter, 1 cup of buttermilk and egg in a
large mixing bowl.
3. Place the dough on a floured surface and lightly knead, then form the dough into a round loaf.
4. Place the dough on greased cookie sheet.
5. Cut an ‘X’ into the top of the loaf.
6. Mix the remaining melted butter and buttermilk and brush the entire loaf.
7. Bake 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean.
8. Use the remainder of the butter/buttermilk mixture to brush the loaf twice during baking.